Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Secondary


I love easy, comforting foods. Today's lunch was tasty and simple to make: 1/2 a butternut squash (baked with olive oil and a little water in the pan, finished with butter, sea salt and black pepper) with a purple yam and banana rice-milkshake. I'll make something with spinach for dinner to complete the secondary color triangle. Maybe I got too many sugars and starchs in, but a little sugar can be comforting, no? And I need a little comfort after being stabbed by my acupunturist no less than 40 times today. Thank goodness he's giving me a break until Monday.

I took my second ballet class in a week and I feel good, despite being a little sore. My nails are holding up, having done them probably a week ago now. I worked a little on some more feather hairpieces for selling at the Astoria Music Now! music festival and open-air market this Saturday and have practiced singing and dance and worked on music for upcoming shows. I should be feeling accomplished but I always feel like it's not enough, like I should be doing more now that I'm not working.
I guess I get nervous when I stop for a second. In this dark and quiet room I pause and think of all that's going on around me in this city- so many people running around and doing things that maybe I feel if I stop and rest I'll not only be missing out but time is ticking away and before I know it, it will be past my bedtime and I'll feel that I didn't do as much as I could have. I need to learn to slow down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment